The following are the core beliefs of The Rock Church based on the foundational truths taught in the bible. All of our teaching and ministry is rooted in and flows out of these biblical doctrines.
- We believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God and that it is to be used “for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness” (2 Timothy 3:16).
- We believe that we are called to the preaching and spread of the Gospel and teachings of Jesus Christ, as found in the Bible, to all humanity as we are called by Christ to do (Matthew 28:19, Mark 16:15).
- We believe that God is the only one true God and is the Creator, Sustainer and Ruler of the Universe (Genesis 1, Psalm 145:13-19).
- We believe that God is eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:26, Matthew 3:16).
- We believe that Jesus was born of a virgin, conceived by the Holy Spirit, and was God in the flesh (Luke 1:26-38, John 1:1, 14).
- We believe that Jesus Christ lived a sinless human life and offered Himself as a perfect sacrifice for the sin of man by dying on the cross (Hebrews 4:14-16, Colossians 2:13-14).
- We believe that Jesus Christ rose from the dead after three days and ascended to Heaven and will return again to gather all of His followers unto Himself (Luke 24:1-7, Acts 1:9-11, John 14:2-3).
- We believe that the Holy Spirit was active in creation and the inspiration of scripture (Genesis 1:2, 2 Peter 1:21).
- We believe the Holy Spirit convicts man of sin and upon our salvation becomes our seal showing that we belong to God (John 16:7-8, Ephesians 1:13-14).
- We believe that according to the scriptures, Satan was an angel created by God (Ezekiel 28:13).
- We believe through the sin of pride he rebelled against God and was cast out of Heaven (Ezekiel 28:16-17).
- We believe that Satan is currently active in the present world and is described in the scriptures as: a murderer, the father of lies and a devouring lion (John 10:10, John 8:44, 1 Peter 5:8).
- We believe Satan was conquered by Christ on the cross and is destined to be condemned to an everlasting punishment in the lake of fire (Revelation 1:18, Revelation 20:10).
- We believe that man was created in the image of God (Genesis 1:26-27).
- We believe that man, of his own volition, violated the commandments of God thus bringing sin into the world (Romans 5:12).
- We believe the sin condition of mankind cannot be changed apart from the divine work of God’s grace in a repentant sinner’s life (Romans 5:6 & 8, Ephesians 2:1).
- We believe salvation comes by grace through faith in Jesus Christ with the confession of our mouths that Jesus is Lord and the belief in our hearts that God raised Him from the dead (Ephesians 2:8, Romans 10:9-10, 13).
- We believe that salvation is totally and completely dependent upon the grace of God, it is a free gift accepted by faith alone and cannot be earned or merited in any way (Ephesians 2:9).
- We believe that God secures the salvation of the believer for eternity and therefore it cannot be lost or taken away (Ephesians 1:13-14 & 4:30, 1 Peter 1:3-5).
- We believe the church, made up of believers around the world, is the body of Christ (Ephesians 1:22-23, Colossians 1:17-18).
- We believe that local churches are the physical gathering of believers in a specific geographical area, through whom God works to carry out the Great Commission which is to: preach the Gospel, baptize new believers and make disciples. (See The Book of Acts).